Smart Teachers is recruiting for Chemistry Teacher for an Independent School located in coastal suburb of North East Sydney, New South Wales
About the Role:
- Chemistry Teacher
- Teaching Stages 4 & 5 Science and Stage 6 Chemistry
- Coastal suburb of North East Sydney, New South Wales
- Job Reference: #TES1711-522819YLH
- Full-time and permanent role
- Position commencing January 2018
About the School:
- Pre-K – Year 12 co-educational Christian School
- School seeks to promote a work environment and culture to attract and retain outstanding professionals by fostering professionalism, commitment, loyalty, Christian values and a high standard of pastoral care
- Facilities include multi-purpose hall, Junior Centre, multimillion-dollar three-storey building housing the Library Resource Centre, Link Building and the creation of a Common Room for Year 12 student. The school also has multi-purpose centre containing outdoor basketball and tennis courts, a Visual Arts centre, PDHPE classrooms, a function room, staff rooms and a two-storey car park. The Senior School has recently been upgraded including 20+ new classrooms, four new science laboratories, new student bathrooms, updated landscaping, green areas and student lockers
- Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) programs allow for students in Years 5 - 6 to use their own iPads and students in Years 7 - 12 to use their own laptops.
About the Location:
Our client school is located in north-east of the Sydney and approximately 18 kilometres (11 miles) from Sydney Central Business District. The location is considered to be the main centre of the Northern Beaches region. A natural area within the location is a regional botanic garden. There are currently four shopping centres in the area. The area also offers various cafes, restaurants and bars overlooking the beach. The location is easily accessible via bus and car. Two express bus services to the city also run from the area in the early morning and back from the city in the afternoon to serve commuters on weekdays. There are many sporting clubs in the area including rugby, football, surfing, tennis and squash. The area also offers a range of private and government primary and secondary schools.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Be supportive of the School’s Christian ethos
- Previous experience teaching Higher School Certificate (HSC) Stage 6 Chemistry will be highly regarded
- Have a good knowledge of their subject area and laboratory safety requirements
- Be willing to participate in the co-curricular life of the School
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in Secondary education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Possess and provide appropriate reference details and police clearances
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number #TES1711-522819YLH
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).