Are you a science graduate or an experienced chemistry technician with a passion for scientific knowledge and preparation for exciting teacher led experiments? If this is you, come join our thriving Science Department at Lady Eleanor Holles (LEH).
Prior experience of working in a school laboratory, making up solutions and preparing lessons to an A Level standard would be highly desirable, but given sufficient scientific knowledge, training could be provided.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and adaptable in helping support the practical needs of the Science Department as follows:
• Ability to work independently, using own initiative
• Supporting pupils and science teachers throughout the school day
• Setting up and using science equipment accurately and safely
• Monitor and manage stock control of chemicals and materials
• Responsible for cleaning equipment appropriately after use
• Ensure that chemicals and other materials are stored away appropriately
• Basic maintenance of science equipment, running repairs on small pieces of apparatus, amongst other science-related duties.
Situated on the outskirts of London on a 24-acre site, LEH is a thriving school with excellent facilities. It is a great place to work, with a positive atmosphere, supportive colleagues, well-behaved students, and bespoke CPD.
The school has its own attractive pay and benefits structure. Some of our most popular benefits are listed below:
• Teachers' Pension Scheme for teaching staff and membership of LEH Group Pension Scheme (with life assurance) for non-teaching staff
• Free lunches, tea, and coffee
• Generous occupational sick pay scheme
• 'Care First' Employee Assistance Programme
• Occupational Health Service
• Learning and development opportunities, including financial support for postgraduate study
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free car parking on site
• Library facilities open to all
• Use of 25-metre swimming pool at specified times
• Staff receive free or reduced price tickets to attend the excellent school drama and music productions
• School fee reductions for LEH; the school also has an arrangement for fee reduction at Hampton School for boys
• The school offers a rent or mortgage allowance subsidy for new permanent teaching/non-teaching staff who are at the start of their careers or relocate to the area in order to take up the post.
An application pack is available from the school’s website by clicking here. Ap plications must be made on the school’s own form and should be sent to email@example.com.
The closing date is noon on Monday, 18th November 2019.
Interviews to be held w/c: Monday, 25th November 2019.
CVs will not be considered and should not be submitted.
Lady Eleanor Holles is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).