Chief Executive Officer
Starting January 2018 or earlier by agreement
Plymouth CAST is seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive to lead the Trust through the next crucial stage in its journey.
The Directors/Trustees are looking for a new CEO who will use their exceptional knowledge of the education sector to support and challenge the contribution every school makes to the Trust, ensuring staff provide outstanding educational and spiritual guidance for all the children and adults within the network.
As CEO and Chief Accounting Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that:
· The organisation’s resources are managed effectively;
· Directors/Trustees, Diocesan authorities and other stakeholders including the Regional Schools Commissioner are appropriately informed about all key areas of organisation;
· The organisation’s governance framework is fit for purpose and supports the delivery of outstanding education for all; and
· All ecclesial and statutory responsibilities are met.
Trustees are seeking a candidate with:
· clarity of vision and a drive for excellence that puts children first;
· a track record of exceptional strategic leadership and people management in educational or similar settings; and
· a deep understanding of the educational landscape and how to improve academies at pace.
This is a high-profile role at the leading edge of the education sector. You will be an outstanding, innovative leader, a creative and forward thinker who can champion and lead the work of the Trust and its plans for the future. You will have the support of a dedicated and engaged Board of Directors/Trustees and a highly effective Executive Team.
Applicants will be expected to share the Trust’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff. If you are a dedicated professional and want to lead Plymouth CAST through the next stage of its exciting developments, please visit www.leadcast.co.uk or talk to Helen Stevenson or Jo Fish at Navigate on 0203 637 5007 or 0113 287 8445.
Closing date: 10am, Friday 30 June 2017
Shortlisting: Tuesday 4 July 2017
Final Panel Process: week commencing 10 July 2017
Plymouth CAST is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks. In line with safer recruitment policies references will be called for prior to interview.