Required! A suitably qualified and experienced leader to take on the dual role of Chief Finance Officer of The Bishop Fraser Trust (2 days a week) and School Business Manager of one of the Trust schools (3 days a week)
- Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
- Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
- Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
- If so, The Bishop Fraser Trust would love to hear from you!
All schools in The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our newly formed MAT whilst working closely with one of our outstanding, outward looking, and oversubscribed schools. Due to the retirement of the current post holder, we are looking for a passionate and ambitious professional who understands how the excellent provision of finance and resources can support students in making exceptional progress. The role is an exciting mix of strategic leadership and operational management, where no two days will be the same. Flexibility, resilience and an ability to prioritise are essential, along with the confidence to remodel new ways of working with existing team members and the skill to lead this change. Previous experience in education is desirable but not essential.
This role would be ideal for someone who would like to transition from School Business Manager (SBM) to Chief Finance Officer (CFO). Equally, we would welcome applications from existing CFOs with the acknowledgement that going forward, the balance in time commitment (and hence also salary) between CFO and SBM responsibility will change in line with Trust growth.
The current post holder currently works two days in the CFO role (strategically leading the Trust’s SBMs and supporting the CEO) and three days as St James’s CE High School's Business Manager (working alongside the school’s Headteacher, Assistant Business Manager and being an active member of the SLT). For further information we encourage you to contact the CEO of The Bishop Fraser Trust, Tania Lewyckyj, who is also the Headteacher of St James’s CE High School. Please telephone Mandy Whitehead on 01204 333000 for an appointment/telephone conversation.
The successful candidate will:
- have a proven track record in leading and innovating change, particularly in business and finance
- be ambitious and well qualified
- be an excellent communicator capable of influencing and inspiring others
- possess strong leadership and management skills and be able to challenge and support staff and students to great achievement
- hold to account those colleagues who fail to uphold or demonstrate agreed standards
- have a genuine passion for quality learning, pastoral care and excellence
- ensure that students are at the centre of every decision
- be prepared to share good practice and actively seek to continue to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching and pastoral care
- demonstrate personal resilience and role model those personal qualities we wish to instill in our young people
In return we can offer:
- development as a senior leader and training for the role of CFO
- the opportunity to work in an outstanding school, which is part of a new and exciting Trust
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- the opportunity to work with our motivated, ambitious and caring staff and students.
- a school culture that understands the importance of staff wellbeing and workload management
- fantastic opportunities for continuous professional development
For the successful candidate there will be a full induction at school and Trust level, alongside a period of handover from the current CFO.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. References will be sought prior to interview. We are an equal opportunities employers.
To apply please complete the TES online application form. In the event of difficulty please contact the Trust’s HR Director Claire Wilkinson, firstname.lastname@example.org on 01204 332533.
Closing date: 8.30am on Monday 18th June 2018
Assessment date to be held on Thursday 21st June (with those successfully shortlisted for interview returning on Friday 22nd June 2018)