The Kingston Educational Trust is looking to appoint a Chief Operating Officer. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head, our Trust, Senior Leadership and the professional services team to ensure the School delivers against its vision as it grows from a start up operation to full capacity in 2021. They will not only need to be highly financially literate, ideally with an accountancy qualification, but will also be tasked with ensuring that all activities across a broad portfolio of strategic planning, finance, HR, compliance, risk management, IT, administration, marketing and stakeholder relations, to serve the vision and strategic direction of the school.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- To act as the school’s leading support staff professional and assist the Head Teacher in her duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
- To be responsible for providing professional leadership and management of school support staff in partnership with teaching staff, to enhance their effectiveness in order to achieve improved standards of learning and achievement in the school.
- To promote the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensure the most effective use of resources in support of the school’s learning objectives.
- To be ultimately responsible for the Financial Resource Management and Financial Operations, Administration Management, ICT, Human Resource Management, Facility & Property Management and Health & Safety Management of the School.
The Chief Operating Officer will also be appointed as the Trust's Chief Financial Officer.
We are looking for a candidate to start in this role as soon as possible.
The recruitment round for this role is being run in parallel with recruitment for splitting this role in two: Finance and Procurement Manager and Operations Manager. The calibre of applicants will determine whether a single appointment or two appointments are made.
Visiting the School
Prior to submitting your application, you are very welcome to visit the school in for a tour and to meet with the Head Teacher, Ms Sophie Cavanagh. Should you wish to do so, please contact her PA, Justine Free, on 0208 465 6208 or email email@example.com.
Please complete an online application by Sunday 29th April.
Candidate Assessment Day: Friday 4th May (candidates should keep this day free when applying for this position). As part of this assessment, candidates will be required to:
- complete in-tray exercises re: finance and HR
- complete a written safe-guarding task
- meet with a panel of our pupils
- complete a panel interview with representatives from Kingston Educational Trust and the School Senior Leadership Team. Candidates are asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation in two parts for delivery at the start of the panel interview:
- Explain what guides your work as a Chief Operating Officer in an Academy for the short and medium term.
- An effective Chief Operating Officer must have demonstrable impact upon pupil outcomes. Explain how you would achieve this through your various remits.
We look forward to receiving your application.