Child and Family Support Workers
Salary Grade: £24,813 - £25,714 per annum
Salary Range: Scale 6 Spine Point 18 - 20
Working Hours: 35 Hours per week - Full Time Term Time Only - 8:30am - 4:30pm
Part Time Hours: Available for the right candidate
Fixed Term for 3 years
Required: September 2019
We are looking for 3 x FT Child and Family Support Workers:
- 1 x Child and Family Support Worker – To work across 2 schools - Duncombe and Ambler - starting in September 2019
• 1 x Child and Family Support Worker - To work across 2 schools - Drayton Park and Montem - starting in September 2019
• 1 x Child and Family Support Worker - To work across 2 schools- New North and Rotherfield- starting in September 2019
Do you have what it takes to help improve life outcomes and opportunities of disadvantaged and vulnerable children:
• by working with families, parents, carers to overcome barriers to learning?
• by driving improved attendance and punctuality?
• by delivering a range of family learning?
• by providing support and guidance for parents?
• by signposting parents / carers to the support they need?
• by working with pupils to improve self-esteem and build confidence and resilience?
We are looking for candidates with:
• A desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our children
• The ability to act as advocate, mediator and negotiator for our parents and carers in a range of situations
• Significant experience of working with and engaging parents / carers and children through individual and / or group-based support
• The ability to develop and deliver a range of family learning opportunities to support parents/carers to engage more fully in their child’s learning and to reintegrate parents into work or study
• An understanding of how to promote good school attendance and punctuality and how to tackle poor attendance (Including persistent absence or exclusion)
• Drive, enthusiasm, resilience and positive attitudes
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong partnership skills, including ability to work professionally and confidently in close liaison with schools and other agencies
We can offer you:
• Stimulating working environment
• Opportunities for professional development and the opportunity to make a difference within our schools
• Friendly, supportive colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement.
• Enthusiastic children who want to learn
Closing date for this role is Sunday 16th June 2019, Midday
Interviews for this post will take place on Monday 24th June 2019
Please apply online at www.islington.gov.uk/jobs following the jobs link. If you need any assistance please email the Education HR at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: AMB/377
Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants.