Plumstead Manor is a thriving and rapidly improving school with its own Sixth Form, dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich. We hold a strong commitment to promoting excellence, justice and success for young women and we look forward to extending this to young men as we welcome a mixed intake in to Year 7 from September 2018.
Our goal is to inspire and nurture young people of all abilities and backgrounds to develop a love of learning which will sustain them through their lives. It is this which will successfully see them into further education and the fulfilling career of their choice. We believe that high quality teaching, in a safe, friendly and harmonious community, is the key to unlocking the potential that all our young people have, so that they can go on to change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Child Protection and Safeguarding Manager to join our Pastoral Team. As the Designated Child Protection Coordinator for the school, you will be responsible for the management of Safeguarding and Child Protection issues. You will support the Leadership Team in providing a safe environment for students to develop and learn.
You will need to:
- be familiar with best practice in pastoral care and safeguarding;
- be familiar with procedures and processes for Child Protection issues and Looked after Children;
- have experience of working effectively with vulnerable children/young people who may display anti-social behaviour, in an education, social work or youth work setting;
- have experience of supervising the work of others;
- be able to liaise with a range of Pastoral staff across the school, and to disseminate best practice to them;
- be able to maintain accurate and confidential documentation;
- be qualified to degree level or equivalent.
We can offer you:
- dedicated and supportive colleagues;
- excellent professional development and guidance;
- a whole school commitment to excellence and justice in a successful and harmonious community.
To apply, please visit www.plumsteadmanor.com and apply online. Alternatively, contact the HR Team on 020 3260 3123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: 664.
Closing date: Monday, 19th February at noon.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.