35 hours per week, all year round - based at Jessop Primary School
We wish to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, committed and highly motivated individual to work within our children’s centres to support and provide Early Help to families within Lambeth where there is a child under 5 who has a disability or special need. You will work within our children’ centres to provide one to one support through home visiting to a case load of families and will also be part of delivering children’s centre sessions and parenting programmes.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of working towards a level 3 qualification in a related field to the job
- Experience of working with children under five who have identified SEND or where there are concerns of this and experience of working directly to support the child and family to provide early help and support
- Knowledge and experience of the Education and Health Care Plan process
- Commitment to continuing professional development and willingness to undertake training as required to develop skills
- Proven ability to undertake individual and family assessments, develop action plans and assess needs and risk
We can offer you:
- A friendly and enthusiastic working environment
- Supportive colleagues
- Opportunities for continuous professional development
- Opportunity to work within our successful and innovative federation
We are a federation that values and invests in staff, excellent training, development, and planned career progression. We are a team of ordinary individuals who genuinely enjoy working together to create extraordinary outcomes, and we have an opportunity for you to join us.
The Governing Board expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding children. We follow safer recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.
To obtain a recruitment pack, including Job Description and Person Specification, please email Clare Hudson firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage and welcome visits, to arrange please phone Clare Hudson 020 7737 5164.
Closing date: Friday 6th October 2017
Shortlisting: Monday 9th October 2017
Interviews: Monday 16th October 2017
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.disclosures.co.uk and in the recruitment pack.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.
Jessop Stockwell Federation
Jessop Primary School and Children’s Centre
Lowden Road, London SE24 0BJ
Stockwell Primary School
Stockwell Road, London SW9 9TG