Children’s Services Educator (Outside School Hours Care) | Roma, QLD
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5:00pm, SUNDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2019
- Immediate start available!
- Work with a professional not-for-profit provider
- An exciting & rewarding role with lots of flexibility
Your new job in a vibrant, innovative, happy and caring Outside School Hours Care service starts here.
At Centacare Child Care Services, an agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane, we have fun, encourage growth and quality early child education all while providing a safe environment for children. Something special is happening here, and now it’s your turn to be part of it!
Out of the 130 services provided across South East Queensland, St Johns Outside School Hours Care in Roma is seeking Casual Educators. This centre educates up to 30 children at any given time. As an integral part of the catholic community, this service provides before and after school care for students aged between 3 and 12 years old. Our program offers a range of activities from fun games through to winding down and relaxing. Food is also available to the students.
Hours: between 4 and 20
Remuneration: as per the Children’s Services Modern Award 2010. Level 1.1 – 3.4 ($25.33 – $31.02 per hour) (depending on qualifications and experience).
You will work with other like minded and experienced educators who believe in teamwork and creating innovative environments for children. You will have the ability to connect with people from all different walks of life and are great at building and encouraging relationships.
As a team member, your energetic and positive attitude is contagious – even at 6:00am. You ooze flair, passion and are a stickler for delivering children’s education. Your engaging personality will build strong relationships with children to help meet their developmental needs and ensure they feel safe, welcomed and cared for at OSHC.
- Have completed Cert III in Children’s Services or demonstrated a willingness to complete the studies
- Willing to use your First Aid, CPR Asthma and Anaphylaxis training if needed
- Hold a working with children blue card
- Can share your knowledge related to the National Quality framework; My Time Our Place framework and National Law/ Regulations
- Conversant with school aged care framework My Time Our place
- Experience in the education and care of children
- Fantastic communication both verbally and written – a conversation starter
You will be well presented, confident and highly organised. You should be self motivated and self disciplined and have a natural ability to work within a team environment.
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
For more information please contact Suzan Dowd 0408 392 810.
To apply for this position please forward a letter of application addressing the job requirements listed above and a current resume (including contact details for 2 professional referees) to Suzan Dowd at email@example.com