We are looking to appoint an inspiring and talented qualified teacher to join our outstanding academy, taking on the role of curriculum lead. We can be flexible on your chosen subject and year group based on your experience and expertise.
This role is ideal for an outstanding teacher who wants to accelerate their career in an outstanding school, offering outstanding teamwork and support. At Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park, we are a family of professionals and an academy of friends. We have a hard-working but fun ethos that suits those with a good sense of humour!
As a teacher with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including a Harris Allowance on top of MPS/UPS, performance and loyalty bonus, pension scheme (TPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
What we are looking for:
You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy being pro-active and working as part of a caring and hard working team. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start or continue their career in a rewarding new role.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers who will:
- Be committed to the highest achievement for all;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Support the maintenance of a dynamic and inspiring learning environment;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to work well as part of our team.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree to be considered for this role.
About Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. In 2017/18, we were the highest performing primary academy in the Harris Federation, and in the top 3% in the country for progress.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park?
- Specialist teachers for Science, Music, PE, art, drama and steel pans, offering up to 5 hours a week for development and PPA time.
- Outstanding modelling for development with weekly lesson studies for all teachers
- Opportunities to work in subject teams, leading and developing others within and outside of the academy
- Outstanding ICT, with Teacher iPads, Apple TV and working towards being an Apple Distinguished School
- A fast-paced, creative curriculum, with a wealth of events and school trips to engage children in the richness of London’s cultural heritage.
- Opportunities for additional responsibility: over 50 clubs a week, boosters, holiday and Saturday schools
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Applicant Pack.
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 020 8808 2045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Harris Federation offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development. No matter what stage you are at or what job you do, we will support and develop your skills, with our Teaching School delivering outstanding courses for staff at every level, including NPQML, NPQSL, NPQH and beyond.
As part of Harris, you will have the opportunity to progress within a close regional network, with regular opportunities for promotion available both within the academy and across the Federation.
We have a highly experienced team of leaders, including executive principals, mentors and subject specialists, all committed to supporting your career and developing your skills as a teacher.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.