We are looking to appoint a qualified Class Teacher and English Leader to join our academy.
You will work closely with other Class Teachers and the SENCO supervising and ensuring the well-being of pupils during their time at school. You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy taking the lead and working as part of a team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to continue their career in a rewarding new role. We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We welcome applications from practitioners who will:
- Be committed to the highest achievement for all;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Support the maintenance of a dynamic and inspiring learning environment;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of our team.
- You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree to be considered for this post.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
About Harris Primary Academy Kenley
Harris Primary Academy Kenley is a Primary academy for local children, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Our belief is that children thrive when they are consistently happy and safe at school. Our aim is to provide a happy, safe and focused school environment that engages children fully in their learning. We plan and tailor the curriculum to our pupils so that each is taught in the way that suits them best.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Kenley?
- The opportunity to work in an ‘Outstanding’ school, with exceptional support from the academy and the Harris Federation
- A flourishing and diverse school with a wonderful and welcoming community
- Conveniently located for public transport and connections into London
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and progression
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Primary Academy Kenley are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 020 8660 2714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.