This is an exciting opportunity to join the primary phase of a growing through-academy with a highly supportive staff team. We are looking for an exceptional teacher to join the Key Stage 2 team in April 2018.
Berryfields Church of England Primary School opened as part of the Aylesbury Vale Academy Trust in September 2013 and we now have children in all year groups from Nursery to Year 6 for the first time. We are highly aspirational for our students and our distinctive, story-telling curriculum and focus on creativity enables our students to make very good progress.
As a Church of England School and as part of the Aylesbury Vale Academy Trust, we are sponsored by the Oxford Diocese and have community facilities and a children's centre on site. A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children is essential and we expect all our staff to share our desire to serve the people of Berryfields and to help build a community that enables our children and their families to be the very best they can.
About the Role
We are looking for an inspirational teacher to initially be responsible for a class of Year 4 students. Working alongside the teacher of a parallel class, you will be responsible for ensuring that the curriculum is challenging and engaging and helps our students make excellent progress towards year group expectations and transition towards the next key stage.
The post provides:-
• High levels of mentoring and support for newly qualified teachers and those in the early stages of their career.
• Opportunities to develop pedagogy by working closely with colleagues and school leaders on the continuing growth and development of the school; by cross-phase working within the primary school and with the adjoining secondary school and by partnership working with other local schools.
• A commitment to professional development and scope for career progression as the school grows and as new roles emerge.
• A pleasant working environment with high quality resources and well planned provision, working within a supportive and collaborative team.
• 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes).
• State of the art gym available for staff use
The post is suitable for newly qualified teachers, those in the early stages of their career or for candidates with more experience. You should have recent experience of teaching or training in Key Stage 2 and may have experience of other key stages.
If you are a creative and reflective practitioner, with high expectations for children's achievement, if you believe in working together to make a real difference for the next generation, if you are looking for a new challeng and want to be part of something special, then we would love to meet you and find out more about you.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 26 February 2018 and interviews are expected to take place during the following week.
Please contact the Headteacher, Jonathan Walker for more information or to arrange a visit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 01296 674263.
Positvely welcoming appliations for all parts of the community.
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.