We are a vibrant two-form entry Primary School with a Nursery and additional “bulge” classes (in Years 2, 4 and 5 in September). We are culturally and socially diverse and have a strong inclusive ethos. We are on a clear path to improve – we would love you to join us on this exciting journey. Summerside’s Governors have recently voted to recommend that Summerside joins Reach2 multi-academy trust, with a proposed joining date of 1 September 2017. We are looking forward to the opportunities for professional development that this will offer to our staff.
We can offer:
• Enthusiastic, responsive children who are ready to learn.
• The opportunity to bring about change in children’s lives through education.
• Quality professional development and staff training, including British Sign Language training.
• A strong, supportive staff team.
• Excellent support and guidance from senior leaders, including planning support and team teaching.
• 3 hours of shared PPA time with your year group team.
• A genuinely inclusive school. We have a provision for Hearing Impaired and Deaf children where children are fully integrated into mainstream classes with specialist support provided by Teachers of the Deaf and Communicators.
• Strong provision to support EAL learners, including support for classroom practice.
• Children from diverse ethnicities and cultures.
• Excellent induction for NQTs and new members of staff.
• A positive and caring culture.
We are looking for a teacher who can offer:
• A proven track record as a Good or Outstanding classroom teacher.
• Flexibility and a commitment to team-working.
• Commitment to continuing professional development.
• Enthusiasm, commitment and resilience.
• Personal organisation and good ICT skills.
• A passion for inspiring all children to achieve their potential.
We warmly welcome visits to the school.
Applications are welcome from NQTs and more experienced teachers.
Please state which year group you feel most able to teach.
Previous applicants need not apply, thank you.
Summerside is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Visits: Thursday 20th April 9:00 – 5:30 or Friday 21st April 9:30 – 16:00 or other times by arrangement. Please call us
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd May
Interviews: Monday 8th May
Please find attached the application form and Job Description. Completed application forms should be returned to the school.