Vacancy No: 1516977
Are you passionate about learning?
- Do you enjoy unleashing your creativity in the classroom to provide exciting learning experiences?
- Do you relish having access to plentiful, modern resources?
- Would you grasp the opportunity to have access to first-class CPD?
Hornbill School is looking for applications from experienced professionals who wish to progress their career. We are seeking to appoint the very best creative and inspirational teachers to work in EYFS/Key Stage 1/Key Stage 2.
We are looking for individuals who want to be part of our values-led school; an exciting and vibrant place that caters for both Nepali children of Gurkha soldiers and children of serving British military and civilian MOD personnel in Brunei. We are a designated UK National Support School providing leading edge professional development for schools in the UK, Brunei and as part of the FOBISIA network of schools.
Hornbill School provides an exceptional educational experience, nurturing children to be happy, hold a strong sense of belonging within our strong community, and to have the ability to make clear judgements. In this rapidly changing world, we must prepare children not only for their next schools, but also for the world they will be part of when they grow up.
Our professional, dedicated teachers go the extra mile to make a difference for all children. We have been recognised as developing a real learning organisation, where engagement in professional development opportunities enhances and challenges our everyday practice to ensure every child is nurtured to hold strong values, be confident in their own abilities and have a view on what the world should look like and how they in turn can contribute to that world.
We are looking for committed and innovative practitioners to join us who will maintain the outstanding standards that are expected from our teaching team. Our school embraces technology and delivers an exciting and aspirational curriculum that is aimed at preparing our children for success and enjoyment in the modern world.
In return we offer a fantastic opportunity to be on the door step of South East Asia and teach the English curriculum in an outstanding Ministry of Defence school based in Brunei Darussalam. Our children are enthusiastic, motivated learners that care for each other and are proud of their school.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity of a lifetime in a friendly welcoming school
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- A values-led ethos at the heart of everything we do; we care about our staff
- Happy, engaged children who have a strong desire to learn
- A supportive team to help you grow as an educator
- Flexibility and freedom to allow your creative juices to flow
- A comprehensive induction programme to help you settle in throughout Term 1
- A relocations package
- A tax free transfer grant may also be payable
- Tax free allowances (linked to marital status and family size) of up to £19.5K per year
- Free accommodation for the first five years, with subsidised utilities, thereafter a modest rent is payable.
- A return flight home following each full year of employment
You must have a UK recognised teaching qualification.
You must register/log in to Civil Service Jobs (CSJ) to view this vacancy. Guidance on how to register on Civil Service Jobs (CSJ) can be found by visiting www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk and clicking on ‘sign in/create an account’. Once logged in, select the overseas option from the region box, click search, and a list of all overseas jobs will appear.
Applicants are required to submit an Application Form and Supporting Statement Form to demonstrate the criteria of the post advertised as set out in the person specification and job description. The Supporting Statement Form is included in the Applicant Information Pack which can be found on CSJ. The Application Information Pack can be found on the school website http://www.hornbillschool.com
Applications submitted without a Supporting Statement Form will not be considered.
For applicants selected for interview 3 references will be sought including a reference from your current Line Manager and most recent employer working with children.
The closing date is 2400 hrs (GMT) 30 November 2016
If you have any questions about the role please contact the Head Teacher – Mrs Kathy Wood Head.Hornbill@sceschools.org
For any issues regarding the online application process please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 345 7772.
For any other issues please email email@example.com
This post requires an Enhanced Disclosure from the Defence Barring Service (DBS). Service Children’s Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.