Class Teacher - Cedar Park School
Cedar Park is a successful one form entry primary school with committed staff and supportive parents. In May 2019 Ofsted described our school as a vibrant, happy place where pupils enjoy coming to school. The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding or developing Key Stage 2 teacher or an NQT to join our effective team as soon as possible.
Job Salary MPS
Contract Type Permanent Contract
Hours Full-time– start ASAP or January 2022
Closing Date for Applications Midnight Thursday, 9th December 2021
We can offer you wonderful children with outstanding behaviour; a friendly and enthusiastic staff team and a well-equipped school with excellent facilities such as library, music room, ICT suite, swimming pool, art room, cookery room and Forest School as well as good opportunities for professional development
About the role
To carry out the duties of a school teacher as set out in the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document and the expectation of Standards for Teachers as defined by the DfE. At Cedar Park School, these duties have been interpreted and agreed as follows:
Teaching and Learning
- Planning and preparing lessons
- Teaching, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to you, including the setting and marking of work
- Assessing and recording the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Securing and sustaining effective teaching of the curriculum; evaluating the quality of learning and the standards of children’s achievements and taking action to improve the quality of provision
- Ensuring curriculum coverage, continuity and progression for all children
- Communicating effectively with teaching assistants (TAs) and support staff
- Ensuring effective and efficient management and organisation of learning resources including ICT
- Creating a stimulating and safe learning environment
- Ensuring that children make progress in line with school expectations
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any class or group of pupils assigned to you
- Providing guidance and advice to pupils on educational and social matters; making relevant records and reports
- Communicating and consulting effectively with the parents of pupils
- Communicating and co-operating with persons or bodies outside the school
- Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above
Discipline, health and safety
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the pupils and safeguarding their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere
- To take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- To ensure that the School Safeguarding Policies and Procedures are implemented and followed accordingly.
- Participating in administrative and organisational tasks related to such duties as are described above, including the direction or supervision of persons providing support for the teachers in the school
- Attending assemblies, registering the attendance of pupils and supervising pupils, whether these duties are to be performed before, during or after school sessions
- Participating in arrangements made in accordance with statutory regulations made under section 131 of the Act for the appraisal of performance and that of other teachers
Review, induction, further training and development
- Participating in professional development activities which aim to meet needs identified in appraisal objectives or in appraisal statements
- Participating in meetings at the school which relate to the curriculum for the school or the administration or organisation of the school, including pastoral arrangements
- Carry out any other duties as the Headteacher may reasonably direct
This job description will be reviewed on an annual basis as part of the school's performance management arrangements. It may be amended at any time after consultation with you
You will be able to inspire and motivate our learners, ensuring that they make excellent progress. If you are a team player with high quality teaching skills, enthusiasm and high expectations then please contact us. A determination to achieve the very best for our pupils is essential.
If you have any queries, please contact Cathy Gallagher in the School Office on 01494 711918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply to the school using a Bucks CC teaching application form.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday, 9th December 2021. Applications will be considered on receipt and interviews may be offered immediately. We reserve the right to withdraw the advert if a suitable candidate is found before the closing date.
Interviews: From w/c 13th December (or before). Covid safe visits to our school are encouraged and we do have a virtual tour recorded which can be found via our school website: cedarpark.org.uk/welcome.
Cedar Park School has a priority to ensure that children are happy, safe and successful and is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of all children. All posts are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure procedures.