“Be the best you can be”
Richard Lee Primary School is a school with a great future!
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced and aspirational primary school teacher with recent experience in KS2 to join our happy and successful team.
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic teacher who would like to develop their career. The role will entail contributing to strengthening the quality of provision in the year group which is made up of three teachers and three TAs with additional support from wider school support staff.
You will join us at an exciting time as we have a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating from our last inspection in March 2018, we have recently become part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and we are looking forward to exciting developments within the curriculum. The Trust has already seen us benefit from CPD links and positive transition for our year 6 children, many of whom go on to Caludon Castle, one of the secondary schools in the Trust. The Trust prides itself on being the kind of place people want to work where everyone recognises the buzz of excitement and togetherness, whatever stage they are at in their career.
We have a wonderful new three form entry school building (2015) with 539 pupils on roll, including our Nursery and Early Years Centre 2/3 year old provision, Willows.
Facilities include a large sports hall, large well equipped classrooms with break out zones, a music/drama studio. All year groups have their own iPad resources and access to the ‘Acorn’ interactive room with write-on tables. New this year has been a well -resourced art room. In the summer term a new whole school library will be created with over £8000 worth of new books.
We are looking for someone who:-
• Is a highly motivated, innovative and highly effective teacher
• Has an inclusive ethos with children at the heart of teaching and learning
• Has the ability to inspire, and enthuse
• Sets high expectations for all
• Is a reflective practitioner who is keen to learn and develop as a leader.
• Has a strong commitment to working in partnership with parents, Governors and the community
• Is a team player with a good sense of humor and a positive attitude
We can offer:-
• Hard working colleagues and well-trained support staff who are passionate about what they do
• Pupils who are excited about learning new things
• A supportive Trust and local governing body who are committed to helping the school move forwards
• An updated and exciting ‘Cornerstones’ curriculum with supportive and engaging resources, online hub and opportunities for trips, visits and visitors. Our woodland spinney offers opportunities to develop ‘Forest School’ activities with our accredited teacher.
• Sports Coach who provides co-teaching development, supports lunchtime and after school clubs throughout the week and ensures our involvement in wider competitive games.
• Weekly PPA (Non-contact time) with your year group.
• A pledge to grow your talent through quality CPD, including access to leadership development, with the support of our Trust and its Teaching School e.g. NPQML and NPQSL
• A wide range of professional development and collaboration opportunities within our network and beyond.
• A strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, through the Trust people strategy, and a range of benefits which include the provision of an ipad, the teachers’ pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, free parking, an employee discount scheme and a commitment to developing the use of new technologies to support learning and streamline workload.
If you would like to know more please come and visit us; visits to the school are strongly encouraged and will be warmly welcomed. However, if circumstances do not permit such a visit please telephone the school to arrange an informal discussion with the Headteacher, Mrs. Carol Brammer
We are excited about our future – we would like to hear from you if you think you could be part of creating that future.
Application packs are available to download on www.wmjobs.co.uk www.tes.co.uk http://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/vacancies/ or by email from HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Completed forms are returnable to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Closing Date: 9.00 am Thursday 21st March 2019
The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.