The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for Class Teachers. This role at Welton C of E Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
About the role
Welton CofE Academy is a vibrant, two form entry junior school located in Welton, near Daventry who are looking to appoint an excellent class teacher with a passion for ensuring the best for the children they teach.
At Welton CofE Academy we are a happy and skilled close-knit team of teachers and support staff who work together to achieve the best outcomes for our well behaved and enthusiastic pupils. Staff here are all encouraged to be ambitious, develop their careers and we aim to provide personalised, professional development to suit the needs of the individual.
To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the academy's policies under the direction of the Headteacher.
To be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, can teach and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and has pupils who achieve well.
To be able to develop the Christian distinctiveness of the school through teaching, assemblies and every day school life.
Full time role, term time only. Permanent position.
Salary & Benefits
· Main pay scale
· Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
· Qualified teacher status
· Evidence of sustained participation in INSET/CPD
· Demonstrable evidence of high standards of primary class teaching
· Experience of co-ordinating and developing staff, managing resources and curriculum budget
· Practical understanding of effective teaching and evaluation strategies
· OFSTED awareness
· Awareness of current developments in Education and the implications of these
· Understanding of effective assessment and target setting procedures
· Understanding of inclusion and personalised learning
· Competent in the use of ICT
· Effective and adaptable communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to promote and develop a vision for high quality education, promoting inclusion, spiritual, moral and cultural development
· A desire to allow each child the opportunity to fulfil their potential, both academically and on a personal level
· A willingness to provide extra-curricular activities in line with the school’s commitment to an extended and enriched curriculum
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 February 2018 quoting reference 815.
Welton C of E Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.