We are the Infant School serving Prestonpans. We have 120 pupils in our nursery – 60 morning places and 60 afternoon places. We have recently opened a new Early Learning and Childcare Centre which provides up to 44 full-time places for 2-4 year olds. In the 15 P1-3 classes, we have 370 children.
Our school is a very happy one and we do everything possible to work with children, parents and the wider community to provide the children with the very best opportunities for strong learning and happy lives.
- To undertake class-teaching duties
- Teach assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Develop the school curriculum.
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils.
- Prepare pupils for examinations and assist with their administration.
- Provide advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promote and safeguard the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Work in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertake appropriate and agreed Career Long Professional Development (CLPL).
- Participate in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Closing date: 21/01/2018
Prestonpans Infant and Nursery School