Applications are welcome from probationer teachers pending full registration in August.
Interviews for this post will take place on the morning of Friday 22 June 2018.
Prestonpans Infant School proudly sits within the heart of the local community. It has a pro-active Parent Council and a very supportive parent body. The school will have 16 infant classes, a 120-place nursery provision in 2018/19 and, from August 2017, has led development of the new Prestonpans Early Learning and Childcare Centre (2-5 years). The core purpose of the school is to ‘Nurture children and families to be kind, happy, achieving learners. The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) consists of one Head Teacher, two Depute Heads and two Principal Teachers leading a team of 47 staff.
To undertake class-teaching duties
- Teach assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Develop the school curriculum.
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils.
- Prepare pupils for examinations and assist with their administration.
- Provide advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promote and safeguard the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Work in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertake appropriate and agreed Career Long Professional Development (CLPL).
- Participate in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Closing date: 17/06/2018
Prestonpans Infant and Nursery School