Monday - Friday
To start ASAP
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Loretto RC teaching team and work closely with colleagues initially across P7.
INTERVIEWS FOR THE POST WILL BE HELD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER THE START OF THE NEW SCHOOL TERM.
Candidates applying for this post should seek advice on approval procedures for working in a Roman Catholic School.
- To undertake class-teaching duties
- Teach assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Develop the school curriculum.
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils.
- Prepare pupils for examinations and assist with their administration.
- Provide advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promote and safeguard the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Work in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertake appropriate and agreed Career Long Professional Development (CLPL).
- Participate in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Appropriate primary qualification
For Permanent Posts: Full GTCS Registration is required.
For Temporary Posts: Full/Provisional GTCS Registration is required.
This post is considered as Regulated Work with vulnerable children and/or protected adults, as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. All preferred candidates for posts carrying out regulated work with these groups will be required to become a PVG Scheme member, or undergo a PVG Scheme update if they are already a member, prior to any formal offer of employment being made by East Lothian Council.
Please note: PVG member's records are constantly updated with any new vetting information that arises. Any information that is disclosed on a PVG membership or update check, if relevant to the post being applied for, will be discussed with the applicant and investigated prior to any formal offer being made.
If you have spent more than 3 months working or living outwith the UK in the last 5 years then you will be required to present a copy of an overseas criminal record check. Details of how to apply and contact details can be found on the GOV.UK
Please Note - Pay arrangements for those starting after 1st day of school session
In accordance with Teachers Conditions of Service (SNCT - Appendix 2.19), Teachers who commence employment with East Lothian Council after the first day of the school session will have their salary for the remainder of the school salary year (which runs from 1 August to 31 July each year), recalculated to reflect how teachers accrue leave and pay.
In these circumstances, a calculation will be carried out upon commencement of employment and leave and pay will be adjusted. Further information will be provided to the successful candidate should this be applicable.
Please note: we do not accept CV's. There is no function to allow you to upload a CV to MyJobScotland and we do not accept CV's by post or email. All our vacancies must be applied for by completing the on-line application form.
Closing date: 14/07/2019
Loretto RC Primary School, Newbigging, Musselburgh