Temporary full time position until 28 June 2019
35 hours per week
Mon to Fri
To start asap
Sandersons Wynd is a vibrant, inclusive community school with many new learning opportunities on offer. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a passionate team of professional people. This position is to work with a P5 class. The school has a HUB attached to the mainstream primary catering for pupils between the ages of 2-11 with severe and complex needs. Visits to the school are highly recommended.
Teachers who join East Lothian Council during the school session will only be entitled to a pro-rata salary and annual leave entitlement until the end of the session. A calculation will be carried out upon commencement and pay will be adjusted in the first available pay period to ensure they are paid correctly. It may be necessary to make adjustments over several months and in these instances employees will be advised in writing. Should you require clarification please contact Payroll on 01620 827781.
To undertake class-teaching duties
- Teach assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Develop the school curriculum.
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils.
- Prepare pupils for examinations and assist with their administration.
- Provide advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promote and safeguard the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Work in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertake appropriate and agreed Career Long Professional Development (CLPL).
- Participate in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Please download the Job Outline/Person Specification (available under 'Related Documents') for the full range of tasks and duties associated with the job.
Appropriate primary qualification
For Permanent Posts: Full GTCS Registration is required.
For Temporary Posts: Full/Provisional GTCS Registration is required.
This post is considered as Regulated Work with vulnerable children and/or protected adults, as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
All preferred candidates for posts carrying out regulated work with these groups will be required to become a PVG Scheme member, or undergo a PVG Scheme update if they are already a member, prior to any formal offer of employment being made by East Lothian Council.
Please note: PVG member’s records are constantly updated with any new vetting information that arises. Any information that is disclosed on a PVG membership or update check, if relevant to the post being applied for, will be discussed with the applicant and investigated prior to any formal offer being made.
Closing date: 24/03/2019
Sandersons Wynd Primary School, Sandersons Wynd, Tranent