Calling all primary teachers! Cherry Orchard Primary Academy has a truly fantastic opportunity for a Class Teacher to join us and be part of our new academy which successfully opened in September 2017. This is a rare chance to join a school at an early stage of its journey and play a pivotal role in its success and development. Our teaching staff at Cherry Orchard Primary Academy provide outstanding educational opportunities for all of our pupils, and our appointed candidate will contribute to this and support our journey. We are looking for a fantastic practitioner who is creative and imaginative teacher with the ability to plan highly effective learning opportunities that meet the needs of all children in our care. This is a brand new position as we continue to expand our teaching team based on pupils numbers. Joining us in January 2019, this is a great role for Key Stage 1/2 teacher to join our team.
Excellent classroom management skills and high expectations of all pupils are essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and new assessment framework. We welcome applications from NQTs through to experienced teachers as we can provide fantastic professional development opportunities for our successful candidate, suitable for your unique needs and stage in your career.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a graduate with QTS
• Has evidence of outstanding practice as a classroom teacher
• Has high levels of success in teaching across KS1 and/or KS2
• Has the highest expectations of pupils and themselves
• Is enthusiastic, imaginative and forward thinking
• Has the ability to inspire, motivate and engage children to achieve and succeed
• Is able to form positive relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
• Possesses excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
In return we will offer you:
• The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT academy
• A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
• A stunning environment with a modern building, excellent resources and facilities
• A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
• A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
For more information, please consult the Job Description by clicking here. We also invite all interested applicants to visit the academy's website by clicking here.
Working for the Academy: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is a new two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that opened in September 2017. The academy admits a maximum of 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6 having initially opened with places available in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. We have continued to expand into Year 3 from September 2018 and will be taking on additional classes over the coming months and years, hence this exciting new teaching role has materialised.
The academy enjoys brand new facilities, a nursery for pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is the focal point of a brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
• Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
• Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
• Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
• Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
• Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
• Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
• Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Being part of the Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.