The European School Karlsruhe (Germany) is looking for a Class Teacher for Primary school with fixed-term contract (app. 21 hours a week) for the Anglophone section.
For the school years 2018-2020 (i.e. until August 31, 2020) with a possibility to be extended
Job description :
The locally recruited teacher (m/f) is employed under the status of salaried employee to teach in the Anglophone section of the classes in the Primary school. The total weekly hours of teaching is a minimum of 21 (the number of weekly hours may be extended).
- University degree Primary Education
- Fluency in English. A fluent speaker is an advantage, non-native speakers must provide certificate of language competence
- Good command of at least one of the working languages (French, German) or be willing to start learning German
- Proven teaching experience for children at primary level (Age 4-10)
- Experience of working with children for whom English is a second or additional language is an asset
- At ease with children
- Good communication skills
According to the conditions of employment for part-time [locally recruited] teachers recruited after August 31, 2011, readable on www.eursc.eu, “Part-time teachers shall be paid app. € 135.00 per month for one hour a week in primary and nursery classes”.
The applications have to be sent via e-mail ONLY to the following addresses email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before June 6th, 2018, 12.00 a.m.
They should contain: application letter, European CV (“Europass”), diploma and certificate of good conduct (from police records). Only applications respecting the procedure will be taken into consideration.
The preselected candidates will be invited to an interview in mid June, 2018. Possibly via SKYPE for international applicants.
No answer will be given to the candidates before the end of the procedure. Candidates who haven’t received any answer by June 1st should consider that their application has been unsuccessful.*Please note that all personal data will be stored electronically, respecting the confidentiality. Candidates, who don’t wish us to keep their data, are kindly asked to let us know).