- Do you have a passionate conviction that all children can achieve no matter what they have experienced or done previously?
- Do you start with the child and develop learning opportunities that fit around them rather than expecting them to fit within a rigid and narrow model of learning?
- Are you creative and do you look for new and different ways to engage children with learning so that they are able to progress?
- Do you have high expectations of every child and accept no restriction on what is possible for all children in your care?
- Do you provide a warm, welcoming and inclusive environment where children are treated as individuals without judgment or comparison and where relationships that are trusting, secure, safe and supportive are built as a priority?
At Haywood Grove our children are given the freedom to explore their emotions and existing social behaviours so that these can be unlearnt and adapted by modelling, coaching or teaching alternative and more appropriate behaviours. We believe that our children can learn to control their behaviour from within and become less reliant on the external control found in traditional systems of sanction and reward and often, the use of physical intervention.
We are opposed to the traditional notion of punishment and control and as a specialist provision believe that we need to do things differently.
Haywood Grove School is looking for a like-minded, creative and enthusiastic class teacher who is able to answer yes to these questions. You will need to be highly organised, flexible, and imaginative in your approach to supporting and helping children with challenging social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Our aim is to enable every child to enjoy their learning, develop confidence and achieve their potential.
We will offer you a high quality environment, great team support, excellent resources and training opportunities. We would welcome you whether you are new to SEMH or are seeking to further develop your skills in this area.
Visits to the school are welcomed. www.haywoodgrove.co.uk
Our school is committed to keeping our children safe, and therefore an enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
For further information and an application pack, please download forms directly or contact Dipti Patel, 01442 250077.
Closing date: 12/01/2018 17:00:00
Interview date: interviews week commencing 5/2/2018
Haywood Grove is a Primary Special School for children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health(SEMH) conditions including Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Oppositional and Defiant Disorder (ODD), Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Attachment Disorders.
They mainly arrive daily by taxi from all over the south and west of Hertfordshire, some travelling for up to an hour before school starts. Many have been excluded from mainstream schools. Haywood Grove is a place for these children to start to achieve and begin to find self worth and confidence.
We believe that by creating a community which works with our childrenÂ’s strengths and inspires positive choices we can make a difference to their lives.
It is important to have a positive outlook and it will take hard work and commitment but the fulfilment of being part of the team will be second to none!
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure.
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
Haywood Grove School
St. Agnells Lane