We are looking for excellent and forward thinking teachers to join our fantastic team and help us reach our next destination of Outstanding. We seek teachers who are keen to secure their position at New North.
We are a two-form entry primary school, situated close to both the Angel, Highbury & Islington and Essex Road stations. Our community is very diverse and we serve an area of significant deprivation.
We have the flexibility across our team for teachers to join us in either Key Stage, but priority would be given to excellent teachers with KS1 experience.
• A fantastic, resilient, dynamic classroom practitioner?
• Passionate about learning and what children CAN do?
• Able to inspire and excite children, staff and families with creative approaches to learning and teaching?
• Eager to share and utilise the passions and interests you have to meet the needs of our children and help them ‘think outside the box?’
• Ready to blow away the cobwebs and step up to playing your part in our continued journey to excellence?
We can offer you:
• A committed, genuinely supportive, forward looking team – all keen to work together to see just what we can achieve together
• Fabulous pupils to work with – who we believe CAN achieve great things
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• An exciting place to work – with fabulous buildings and outdoor spaces
• A bright future. Leaders, governors and our whole school team are ambitious for our school’s future. We have a great deal to offer and share and are eager to ‘put our school on the map!’
The New North Academy was formed from the merger of two schools in 2004. We moved into our new building, which enjoys state of the art facilities, in Easter 2007.
We have recently re-focused our vision for where our school can go. As a result, this is a really exciting time to be part of our school’s on-going development and allows potential candidates to share with us their own areas of particular strength. There may well be opportunities to utilise your areas of excellence across our school.
Ofsted judged us to be Good in September 2016.
We expect all staff to share the school’s commitment to the protection and safety of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Our recruitment pack and application form for this post are available here, on our website or by contacting the school via email or phone.
A visit and/or conversation with the Headteacher prior to your application is warmly welcomed and can be easily arranged if you would like to find out more about the role available or to learn more about our school – please contact Mrs Sylvia Lefever-Jones to arrange this.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2019 at 10am, however, applications will be considered for shortlisting on a rolling basis, and the closing date will be brought forward if a successful candidate is found prior to 23rd April 2019.
Tel: 020 7704 3900