Class Teacher (EYFS, KS1 or KS2)
Permanent Contract to start: 1st September 2018
Teacher: Main Scale
We very much welcome NQTs to apply
We have wonderful children, very supportive families and a fantastic staff team. With high ambitions for everyone involved within our school, we strive to inspire every child, every day. Together our approach will be to nurture and support, bring lessons to life, provide innovation and interaction and shape the future educational provision for our children.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to become part of a dynamic, driven and a much valued member of our dedicated school team?
The Hayes is a Good school, as confirmed by our recent Ofsted short inspection (January 2018). The inspector cited: "Your diverse curriculum broadens children’s minds and helps them to think critically about the world. Pupils talk enthusiastically about their learning and are well motivated to do their best, they work hard with positive attitudes. Behaviour in lessons and around the school is very good, pupils respect each other and collaborate well, they are kind and caring towards adults, visitors and each other”.
We are a fun, vibrant and diverse two-form entry primary school with delightful, well-behaved children, great parents/carers and a fantastic staff team. We pride ourselves in our caring ethos with children at the heart of all we do and are committed to raising standards and achieving excellence for all pupils. We are a popular school, have a waiting list for most year groups and constantly strive to develop our staff to ensure our children meet their full potential and have great fun in getting there!
We can offer:
- a warm, welcoming and motivated team who support and inspire each other;
- an active school community with supportive and active parents;
- dedicated and effective governors;
- an innovative, bespoke and flexible curriculum;
- a vibrant and stimulating environment with an award winning new-build which has a dedicated ICT suite, music room and swimming pool;
- continual professional development and exciting opportunities;
- a creative environment;
- and most importantly, our fantastic children who are extremely enthusiastic and motivated.
We are looking for an inspirational, motivated and highly effective class teacher with:
- integrity and loyalty;
- energy, enthusiasm and a great sense of humour;
- a passion to make a difference to children’s life chances;
- high expectations, commitment and dedication to securing outstanding progress for all learners across the curriculum;
- the ability to make learning irresistible, inclusive and effective;
- an excellent knowledge of the curriculum;
- the ability to relate well to pupils and care about their individual needs;
- high expectations of self and others;
- the ability to be actively involved in their own professional development and to be actively involved in the life of our wonderful school;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We welcome applications from NQTs and experienced class teachers who are high quality practitioners and are able to flourish with a challenge and believe they have the attributes necessary to help establish and shape a good school on its way to outstanding with the highest possible aspirations for its pupils.
Potential candidates are encouraged to meet the Head teacher, Claire Slade or the Acting Deputy Head Teacher, Lisa Saunders for an informal discussion about the position available. We encourage you to visit us, a warm welcome awaits you.
Please contact the school office to make an appointment and to arrange a visit:
Mrs Jo Doble (Administrative Assistant) on 020 8660 4863.
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd March 2018.
Interviews Wednesday 28th March 2018.
Our application form and teacher pack can be downloaded from this website or our school website: http://www.thehayesprimaryschool.co.uk/vacancies/ and should be returned via email to: Miss C Slade, Head Teacher, email@example.com or posted to The Hayes Primary School, Hayes Lane, Kenley, Surrey, CR8 5JN.
The Hayes Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note the successful candidate will be asked to undergo a full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously CRB check). We are also committed to equal opportunities.