The children, parents, staff and governors are proud of Pirton Hill Primary School and are excited by the journey that the school is on and the transformation that is taking place.
Pirton Hill is a large, primary school on the northern tip of Luton, easily accessible from the M1, A5 and A6, and within a 30 minute drive from Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Bedford, Hitchin, Hemel Hempstead Leighton Buzzard and St. Albans.
The school benefits from a diverse catchment area and the whole community are proud of the school and its strengths. These include:
· A staff team eager to develop and ensure that every child fulfils their potential;
· The behaviour and manners of our pupils;
· A committed Governing Body; and
· A very strong reputation for excellence in Sport.
As part of building for the future, we are looking for a high quality teacher (Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2) who:
• is able to motivate and inspire all children to achieve their potential;
• has high expectations and can provide high quality teaching and learning opportunities across the curriculum;
• shows a commitment to raising standards and to nurturing success in every child;
• has up-to-date knowledge and understanding of engaging pupils within a creative curriculum;
• has a caring approach to working with children, parents and colleagues; and
• is keen to support the school’s ethos and work as part of our whole school team.
The school has been through a period of change which has left us with some exciting challenges for the future. However, with the appointment of a new Headteacher from 1st September 2017 (who joined an established leadership team) and our involvement in some exciting projects (including the introduction of Talk for Writing and significant investment in a new library) this is an exciting time to join our team.
Pirton Hill Primary can offer you:
• Dedicated weekly PPA time to plan with your year group team;
• Children who are keen learners and demonstrate strong behaviours for learning;
• Friendly, supportive and hard-working staff;
• A commitment to supporting your future professional development.
Still not sure?
Challenge any preconceptions and visit our school. Come and see the exciting journey we are on and how you can be part of it…
You can apply using the button below or for more details or to arrange a visit please contact Lynne Jaggers by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (01582) 507924.
Closing date: Friday 26th January, noon Interview date: Friday 2nd February 2018
Pirton Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer.