OFSTED 2015 said ‘pupils are proud of their school and they behave well. They have positive attitudes to learning and are respectful and courteous to all’. Would like you to join us in September?
Someries Junior School
Wigmore Lane, Luton LU2 8AH
The staff, governors and pupils of Someries Junior School are looking for a Year 6 teacher from September 2018 (or January 2019) to join our supportive teaching team. We are a small and friendly junior school on the outskirts of Luton and seek a teacher who will inspire and support our children towards excellent progress. Applications are welcomed from experienced or NQT teachers.
A year leader TLR may be available for a suitable candidate.
The school offers:
- enthusiastic pupils who love learning
- excellent CPD opportunities
- exciting and stimulating teaching environment
- an ethos of team working and mutual support
- supportive parents, carers and governors
- senior leaders that create a culture where all are valued and can thrive
- where achievement and progress is good and improving
The successful candidate should:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who loves their job
- be committed to continuing to raise the achievement and attainment of our children
- have the drive, enthusiasm and commitment to develop our school further
- have the ability to use their own initiative, be innovative and work well as part of a team
- be friendly, caring and hardworking
Closing Date: Monday 18 June 2018
Interview Date: Friday 22 June 2018
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange this please contact Mrs Dawn Dudley, Someries Junior School, Wigmore Lane, Luton, LU2 8AH. Tel: 01582 738810.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English’
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CV's are not accepted for school posts