The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Class Teacher. This role at Bringhurst Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About the role
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for an assigned class.
- To carry out appropriate planning, teaching, marking and assessment activities so each child can achieve their potential.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the pupils, during on-site and off-site activities.
- To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education.
- Full time teaching hours, term time
- Fixed term post covering maternity leave
Salary & Benefits
- Main Pay Scale
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
- A successful CV outlining your experience in education so far.
- An ability to inspire staff and pupils alike through your passion and commitment to teaching.
- Ability to judge children’s standards s in relation to national.
- Ability to work with support staff and to contribute to the staff team.
- A thorough up to date knowledge of the range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies and how to implement them effectively through RE, PE, The Arts (ART, DT, Drama, Music).
- A thorough understanding of the national curriculum and a range of assessment requirements and arrangements.
- A clear understanding of age related expectations for children within the Primary phases.
- An ability to offer after school clubs to nurture interest and development of children.
- Successful liaising with additional providers of services to school to support the development of children in this way.
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 33 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th November 2017
Bringhurst Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.