We are looking for a qualified Class Teacher to join our strong and supportive academy team.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes. Your ambitions are ample to the growing success of our academies, maintaining this means putting your ambitions first with a strong career progressive culture. Join us in our mission in cultivating an exceptional learning environment for all our students.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- A teacher who is committed to raising achievement among children of all abilities
- A well organised team worker, who can work under pressure while maintaining a positive approach to their work and relationships with others
- Someone with the willingness to commit fully to the whole staff team and the academy’s aims and expectations.
- The ability to demonstrate the skills of a good teacher, including interesting, encouraging and engaging children, providing appropriate levels of challenge and using methods and resources that enable all pupils to learn effectively
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
- A proven track record of recent and successful class teaching in mixed ability classes of primary age
- Good subject knowledge of core National Curriculum
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Junior Academy Carshalton
Harris Junior Academy Carshalton is a three-form entry school in the London borough of Sutton, educating children between the ages of seven and 11. The academy has a simple, fundamental philosophy: that the school should be a calm and caring learning community in which everyone feels safe, happy and valued. HJAC is very much a community school. We are inclusive and we strive to ensure that every child feels happy, valued and safe. At HJAC we know that a close partnership with parents is vital if children are to learn and grow as individuals. We therefore do all we can to keep parents informed and involved in school life. We believe that through expert teaching and support all children can achieve to a high standard. Our aim is to make sure that our pupils leave us thoroughly prepared for Secondary School and feeling that they have succeeded both academically and in the extracurricular aspects of Academy life. We want all of our children to have a truly happy experience of school. Our pupils’ achievements are celebrated every day in their lessons and we are proud that they are kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn.
We are committed to providing the children with creative and vibrant learning experiences through which they will develop a love of learning, an ability to think independently and a desire to be the best they can be. We want our children to leave HJAC as confident and successful learners, who understand themselves and are responsible in the way they conduct themselves. We want them to possess the skills and attitudes to make the most of future opportunities and contribute to their local community and beyond.
Why work at Harris Junior Academy Carshalton?
- Children who bring a wonderful amount of energy and enthusiasm to the school, and who are kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn
- A team of expert teaching and support staff who believe all children can achieve to a high standard
- A strong relationship with parents, carers and the local community
- A community school ethos with all the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.