We are looking to recruit a dynamic and energetic class teacher to help take the school towards an exceptional place both nationally and in the local community.
Set in the heart of Mitcham’s historic conservation area, SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School is a vibrant and aspirational establishment with a positive approach to learning and behaviour, as highlighted in our recent ofsted inspection (May 2016). We have renewed the school’s vision and purpose, and are now looking to continue building SS Peter and Paul on its journey to excellence.
The school works collaboratively with the Merton Deanery Catholic schools: we are currently engaged in a project to raise the standards of STEM across the primary schools. We are part of the Mitcham Town Community Trust, which addresses the needs of children and families in the local area, and through which study at Masters Level is subsidised. We are a partnership school with Maths NoProblem, offer school to school support in regard to C.P.A mathematical approaches and assist local schools to improve their approaches to Teaching and Learning.
We enjoy good transport links to Wimbledon, Sutton, Croydon, Tooting, London Bridge and London Victoria, and are within easy reach of the Surrey Hills and the South Downs.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and passionate individual, committed to enabling all of the children whom we serve to achieve their very best both spiritually, socially and, of course, academically.
This is a superb opportunity to develop your career within a very supportive and forward-looking setting, surrounded by exciting (young and young at heart) learners!
We can offer you the following:
- a commitment towards the best learning learning by all members of our community;
- a co-constructed curriculum that is based upon children’s interests;
- a clear focus upon the principles of Assessment for Learning;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- strong support for your further professional development
- a well-connected and collaboratively-minded school.
We require you to:
- be committed to supporting our school’s Catholic ethos and community;
- lead children’s learning with energy and infectious enthusiasm;
- care about children’s learning, behaviour, emotional wellbeing and development;
- be a great team player with high standards and a positive outlook;
- be a successful classroom practitioner with an attitude to improve
- pedagogy through collaborative practices.
Visits to the school are warmly welcome – please contact Alan Wild, School Business Manager on 020 8648 1459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd December @ 12.00
Shortlisting: Friday 2nd December
Interview Date: Wednesday 7th December
SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. As such we implement all elements of the safer recruitment process, and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced DBS check and references.