To be responsible and accountable for teaching duties in accordance with the Council’s overall Education and Youth Employment objectives.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deliver an effective education service in accordance with the Council’s corporate policies and procedures and relevant strategy provision.
- To understand information management and security issues and work in line with legislation and Council policies and guidelines, ensuring that information is used, shared and managed appropriately.
- To undertake any other reasonably required duties, consistent with duties detailed in Part 2 Section 2 of the SNCT Handbook of Conditions of Service, as directed by the Executive Director (Education and Youth Employment) or nominee, in addition to the role specific tasks & responsibilities detailed below.
Role Specific Tasks & Responsibilities
- To deliver effective teaching services in accordance with the directions of the headteacher or other promoted staff.
- To undertake such services in pursuit of good practice including:
- A commitment to pupil and parent/carer focus;
- The pursuit of continuous improvement;
- The implementation and evaluation of quality assurance procedures.
- Teaching assigned class(es), groups or individuals together with associated planning, preparation and correction.
- Assessing, moderating, recording and reporting on the work of pupils.
- Where appropriate prepare pupils for examinations and assist with their administration.
- Providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Developing the curriculum in line with the curricular framework, e.g. Curriculum for Excellence.
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals to meet the needs of children, young people and families in their learning community.
- Participating in issues related to planning, raising attainment and achievement and reflection on current practice.
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Maintaining positive behaviour of pupils, contributing towards good order and the wider needs of the establishment.
- Assist in the development of Personal Learning Plans/Pupil support plans.
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development in line with the Standards for Registration, Professional Review and Development, Professional Update and school improvement priorities.
Closing date: 18/02/2018
St John's Primary School and Nursery