The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Only applications submitted on the school’s application form will be considered. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
VACANCY FOR CLASS TEACHER WITH MIDDLE LEADERSHIP RESONSIBILITIES FOR MATHS
(National Pay & Conditions Apply)
Post: Full Time, permanent post.
Required from: September 2018
Do you believe in enquiry-led learning?
Are you looking for a new step in your career?
Are you an experienced subject lead ready for a new challenge?
Are you a keen and enthusiastic upper key stage 2 teacher?
An opportunity has been created for Malton Community Primary School to recruit an inspirational class teacher and middle leader with responsibility for mathematics. Malton is a unique and forward-thinking school. We believe in our pupils, and our staff, and encourage everyone to aspire high.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and outstanding upper key stage 2 teacher with knowledge, vision and courage to build on the school’s success to date and move the school on to its next stage of development.
You will be given weekly leadership time (0.5 days) to fulfil your responsibilities in addition to a TLR3 (£2500p.a). You will have the opportunity to continue our involvement with a collaborative Teacher Research Group which is focusing on mastery in maths. In addition to this you will have regular opportunities to visit other educational establishments, in other local authorities, participate in extensive and high quality CPD and you will be provided with a mentor in school.
The role carries with it considerable responsibility and is a key middle leadership post within the school. You will work alongside our other middle leaders, our Assistant Headteacher and Headteacher and a very able team of teachers and teaching assistants to support our learners and families.
Our commitment to inclusion underpins everything we do. Our school is passionate about providing a nurturing environment to encourage the building of good quality relationships. We are an enhanced mainstream school for pupils with SEMH and provide additional support for children with emotional, social and mental health difficulties in over 30 schools.
Outstanding behaviour management and high expectations of presentation are essential to this role.
A successful candidate will display:
- Inspirational teaching strategies
- Excellent strategies for giving children quality, real-time feedback that develops their knowledge, skills and understanding
- Ability to promote all-round excellence
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills at all levels
- In-depth understanding of teaching and pedagogy
- A passion for life-long learning and a firm commitment to continued professional development
- Outstanding classroom practice and a track record of high pupil achievement
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Drive, passion and a sense of humour
- Strong commitment to continued professional development and classroom based research
In return, we can offer:
- A clear vision for school development
- Highly motivated pupils
- Improving academic results and a vibrant approach to the curriculum programme
- Excellent professional development including participation in National Professional Qualifications and projects run by the Yorkshire Ridings Maths Hub
- A highly skilled, creative, committed and energetic staff team
- Strong partnerships with other schools through the Esk Valley Teaching School Alliance and other working relationships
For further details please speak to the Head teacher, Miss Kelly Wilkinson. For an application pack please visit the school website at www.maltonprimary.org
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged with the school office: 01653 692582
Please do not include a covering letter and supporting statements must be no longer than 2 sides of A4 and must be written in Calibri font size 11. Completed applications can be sent to email@example.com
Application closing date: Friday 27th April 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing 8th May 2018.
Enhanced level DBS is required for this post. Malton Community Primary School is committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that e-mail is the school’s preferred and most cost effective method of communication and will be used wherever possible at all stages of the recruitment process up to and including contract issue. Therefore, please ensure you supply a valid email address, notify us of any changes to your email address and check it regularly for any communication regarding vacancies you have applied for. Please check your spam or junk mail folders regularly to ensure our emails are reaching your inbox.