We are looking for an inspirational Newly Qualified Teacher Teacher to join our outstanding academy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an "outstanding" academy and a talented team who can provide close support and mentoring. TLRs are available for possible subject leadership, which will be discussed at interview.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
Harris Primary Academy Kent House is seeking to appoint inspirational and talented staff. At HPAKH we have high expectations where outstanding teaching and the well-being of all pupils and staff are at the heart of our improvement planning, our pedagogy and practice. We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
We welcome applications from experienced practitioners or NQTs who will:
- Model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of our team
- You must hold QTS (or equivalent) to apply for this role.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
About Harris Primary Academy Kent House
Harris Primary Academy Kent House opened in September 2013 and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. It is a very exciting time to be joining our flourishing team. At Harris Primary Academy Kent House we have the highest possible aspirations for our staff and pupils. We expect all our children to make very good progress and develop the skills and personal qualities they will need for the future. We believe that when children are as young as they are in Primary School, happiness is key to success.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Kent House?
- An Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ academy: “The passionate and enthusiastic teaching staff, including the very able teaching assistants, plan challenging and extremely well-structured lessons that make sure no pupil is left behind.”
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn
- A vibrant multi-lingual and multi-cultural school community
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Primary Academy Kent House are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 020 8402 7178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.