Gloucester House, Tavistock Children’s Day Unit, 33 Daleham Gardens NW3 5BU
1 x Class Teacher – Permanent
Inner London weighting and an SEN allowance – (TLR 2 is available for suitable candidates)
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is interested in teaching in a small multidisciplinary provision for children and young people with social emotional and mental health difficulties. We provide a unique therapeutic and education package for children. There is an emphasis on integrated multidisciplinary work including identifying which of a range of approaches is best suited to the needs of each child and their family. We have a proven track record of excellent outcomes.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work in a unique setting which offers an integrated health and education package.
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic & supportive team.
• An opportunity to be part of the development of innovative and creative multi disciplinary approaches to working with children with complex social, emotional, and mental health difficulties.
• A commitment to the Continuing Professional Development of all teaching and clinical staff.
We are looking for someone:
• Who is a strong, passionate and engaging classroom teacher who enjoys working with children with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties.
• Who is interested in working closely with children, their families and the multi professional network.
• Who is committed to raising the academic and personal achievement of pupils with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties.
Gloucester House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Deferral and Barring Service.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss the post call Ms Nell Nicholson (Head Teacher) on 0207 794 3353.
For more information on Gloucester House please visit: www.gloucesterhouse.net.
To visit the school we will be hosting a school visit on: Friday 19th January at 10.30am (approx. 1 hour), Please contact the school admin office on 0207 794 3353 to secure a place.
Closing date for applications is at midnight on Tuesday 23rd January
Interviews will be held on Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th January 2018.
Candidates are requested to use the section "Supporting Information" on the application form to set out their reasons for applying and their suitability, referring to the person specification, for this post.
Please note: The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.