Class Teacher 0.2FTE (Fixed Term until 1 November 2019)
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic teacher to join our team on a temporary basis for 6 - 12 months. You will be teaching in an early years class and working closely with other teachers to plan for learning with a strong focus on learning through play in P1.
In this role you will also be:
- Developing the school curriculum.
- Assessing, recording and reporting.
- Promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development.
For further information on this post, please contact Fiona Allan on 01577 867340.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details for two referees, including email addresses. One should be your current or most recent employer. If you are already employed as a teacher with Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide 1 reference, which must be from your current Head Teacher.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
- Have, or be eligible for, full or provisional GTCS Scotland registration.
- Have a Diploma/Degree in Primary Education.
- Have experience of learning and teaching.
- Have experience of preparing and delivering differentiated work.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of relevant curriculum developments.
- Be able to use ICT in relation to learning, teaching and classroom management.
- Be able to apply a variety of teaching strategies in order to meet the needs of all learners.
- Have knowledge and experience of the application of positive behaviour management strategies.
- Be able to develop and maintain appropriate relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to the policy and practice of Inclusion.
- Have effective oral and communication skills.
- Be able to plan for improvement of attainment and contribute to school self evaluation, planning and development.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.
Closing date: 26/04/2019
Fossoway Primary School, Drum, Kinross, KY13 0UL