Class Teacher required for April 2023
Are you an inspirational KS2 teacher with vision and high expectations for learning? Then come and join the team at Eltham Church of England Primary School. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a highly skilled, supportive team of people committed to the staff, the children and the community.
Why work with us?
- We have a proven track record at supporting and developing teachers. Many of our teachers have begun their teaching journey at Eltham as NQTs and continued into roles within middle and senior management.
- You would be working alongside an exceptional teaching team and if an ECT you would get your ECT time on top of your PPA and this will be used to observe other teachers as well as other developmental activities.
- There is also an opportunity to timetable for subject leader release, meaning that some time is given within the school day to allow subject leaders to carry out their roles.
- As a 2-form entry Primary School, we release year group teachers together for PPA to ensure collaboration, consistency and a shared work load.
- PPA is covered by qualified teachers who plan and mark the work for those sessions.
- We are well-resourced with no shortage of teaching aids e.g. iPads, chrome books and VR headsets across the school and subscriptions to a variety of curriculum materials.
- Eltham is a happy place to work. The children are amazing, our parents and carers are supportive and the staff really work as a team.
- We have an active PTA who are good at getting the school community together and raising money to support our engaging curriculum.
- We have just recently been inspected by OFSTED and were judged ‘Good’ for overall effectiveness.
Our postcode is SE9 1TR. We are about a 10 minute walk from Eltham train station and we are on the High Street served well by public transport.
This post will be very suitable for ECTs or teachers early in their careers who have made a positive start and are looking for a new opportunity.
Visits to the school are encouraged, please call the office on 020 8850 1528 to arrange an appointment.
We look forward to receiving your application – please return your completed form to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Mr Matthew Wills, Headteacher, Eltham Church of England Primary School, Roper Street, London, SE9 1TR
Closing date for applications is 12 Noon on Thursday 23rd February 2023.
Interviews will be held on Monday 27 February 2023
Eltham Church of England School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an =Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Eltham Church of England Primary School is located in Greenwich, London. Founded in 1814, the school has been co-educational since its establishment, we are a 2 form entry school with a Nursery. The school has an economically and culturally diverse s...