Group 1 school – M2 to M6 equivalent dependent upon experience (to include accommodation)
‘Education is the greatest gift we can give our children, and essential for the future of our island.’
An exciting opportunity to be part of a new school team in a unique community, with an established history of educating the Island’s children. Our school currently caters for 29 children, so classes are small with an average of 10 pupils per class. We are situated in a modern, purpose-built school on the idyllic island of Sark, in the Channel Islands and with our new Head, starting in September, you will be part of the team that takes our school forwards.
Our new teaching team will:
- Have high expectations for every child and a passionate commitment to raising standards within a broad, creative curriculum.
- Teach with integrity and kindness, staying true to our ethos and values; and having experience of high performance in the UK or Channel Islands teaching system.
- Be able to develop and build positive relationships with children, parents and the wider community,
- Be forward-thinking, open to new ideas and initiatives that will enhance the children’s learning; able to transcend the obvious geographical barriers to ensure learning opportunities are contemporary and linked to the wider world.
- Be an inspirational teacher who can work as part of a team to deliver an outstanding, child-centred learning experience for every child.
- Have the expertise to teach either Class 1 (children aged 3 to 6 years) or Class 2 (pupils aged 7 to 10 years); and ideally, the ability to lead Mathematics or Science for children and young people aged 3 to 13 years.
In return we can offer you:
- Pupils who enjoy the opportunities to learn inside and outside of the classroom, who are polite and behave well.
- A purpose built educational environment, rich with technology and outdoor space.
- The opportunity to be an integral part of developing the future of education on the island.
- Accommodation, in a beautiful island house, suitable for you and your family (if you are accompanied).
- The unique lifestyle that comes from living and working on the island of Sark.
The post is offered as a two or three-year contract (with the opportunity to extend the role for a further term of three years).
Please see the application process attached. Initial interviews will take place in England or the Channel Islands for successful candidates, there will be a funded trip to the island of Sark for final interviews prior to the May half term resignation date.
For more information or to informally discuss the position, please contact our recruitment partner Bev Gates on 07977 143412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sark School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure & Barring Service.