Brentwood School is an outstanding special school which specialises in the education of students with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autism. Our school benefits from fabulous facilities and includes a post 19 college.
At our last inspection (June 2019) Ofsted said:
• This is an exceptional school where pupils and students are thriving. Independence and skills for life underpin every aspect of the school. Pupils love their school, and love the wide range of experiences they have and are happy, motivated learners.
• This is an inclusive school where every member is respected and valued. Pupils, staff and parents talk about being part of the Brentwood School family. Older pupils buddy up with younger pupils. Most-able pupils help the less able. Staff work together to improve their practice. There is a strong culture of equality and support where everyone works together as a team to be the best they can be.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• Is passionate about teaching in a Special Needs setting
• Has experience of working with students with SLD, PMLD, complex needs and autism.
• Will inspire students to learn
• Has outstanding communication and teamwork skills
• Is innovative and dynamic
• Is committed to excellence
• Has the vision, skills and energy to provide the best opportunity for every child within our school
Staff working at Brentwood are provided with a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing CPD. We are a warm and friendly school and value the health and wellbeing of our staff.
At Brentwood we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. Keeping our young people safe is our priority and any position will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references will be taken up.
We are particularly interested in hearing from experienced SEN teachers and those with a sound understanding of the needs of students with autism.
Application forms and details are available from the school website.
Please contact the school office if you would like to make arrangements to visit the school.
Closing date: Monday 27th January 2020.