Macmerry Primary School serves the ex-mining village of Macmerry and surrounding area. There are six classes from P1 - P7 and a Nursery class and we are growing year-on-year. The school is very much part of the community and we enjoy positive relationships with the whole school family.
The school team is dedicated to increasing the life chances of our school family and as a result the expectations are high for all team members. All staff are committed to ensuring every child receives a high quality education. Pupils throughout the whole school are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning and behaviour, are active participants in the decision making process and ensure they are the best they can be. The school encourages all staff and pupils to be leaders of learning through the school improvement plan and we are looking to establish many new co-ordinator roles within the school.
Macmerry has an active Parent Council and parents are actively encouraged to participate in all aspects of school life.
- To undertake teaching duties in accordance with the SNCT Handbook of the National Scheme of Salaries and Conditions of Service.
- To provide support to staff and pupils to identify and address additional support needs, through a range of assessment and intervention strategies, within the five roles of Support for Learning:
- Co-operative teaching
- Teaching individuals and group
- Providing specialist services
- Staff development and training
Closing date: 21/01/2018
Macmerry Primary School