Holy Family Primary School is a denominational school serving the communities of Winchburgh in West Lothian and Kirkliston in Edinburgh. The school shares a campus with Winchburgh Primary School.
For session 2015-2016, the school roll was 86, within a composite class structure: P1/2, P2/3, P3/4, P5/6 and P6/7. The school was staffed by a teaching Head Teacher, 5 Class teachers, 1 part time teacher two days per week, 1 Support for Learning teacher one day a week, a PE specialist for half a day a week and a team of 4 Pupil Support Workers.
Holy Family offers pupils a wide range of learning experiences. We manage continuous improvement through robust self-evaluation and implementation of the school improvement plan.
Our school is an integral part of the local community both educationally and socially. There are active and effective Parish-Community links through St. Philomena’s Parish Church in Winchburgh. Strong links also exist with St. Margaret’s Academy and the cluster primary schools, Parent Council and our partner agencies.
Our priorities for session 2016 – 17 are:
- Improving parental engagement in their child’s learning.
- Developing teacher leadership.
- Improving our curriculum with a focus on developing our provision in Reading.
- Developing partnership working with Winchburgh Primary.
- Improving learner conversations and supporting children to manage their learning and set targets.
- Raising attainment for all pupils.
Closing date: 02/07/2017
Holy Family Primary School,