Watling View is a Good (Ofsted, 2016) maintained special school for children and young people aged 3-19 with severe and profound learning needs including autism such as complex physical disabilities, high health needs, and sensory impairments and associated communication and learning needs.
Are you an outstanding classroom practitioner who leads by example, motivates and inspires others and enjoys making a significant individual contribution?
Do you have the enthusiasm and commitment to become an SEN teacher and to lead literacy across our school?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join our highly inclusive and friendly school.
We are looking for a class teacher and literacy co-ordinator who:
- Has a passion for teaching and learning
- Are outstanding practitioners
- Has energy and drive, who can develop and deliver personalised learning for each child, lead a team of teaching assistants, lead in professional meetings and discussions and contribute to whole school developments.
- Are committed to their own professional development
- Have a positive attitude to their life, their work and their colleagues as well as the children and families they work with.
- Are self-motivated, but collaborative, sharing and open, who look for solutions rather than problems
- Has experience of working in a SEN setting
We can offer you
- 92 Amazing children and young people
- Great teaching assistants
- A strong, supportive and motivated Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team who strive to improve outcomes for children and are committed to the well-being of its staff and in developing ways to manage teacher workload
- Commitment to providing high quality, continuous professional development with potential senior leadership opportunities for the right candidate
- A warm, positive environment, passionate about school improvement and open to new ideas
- A supportive team, committed to ensuring all pupils meet their full potential, develop as well rounded individuals and are well prepared for the next phase of their education
- A school staffed by a highly skilled and cohesive team who strive to achieve the highest possible standards and continuously seek opportunities to improve
The Successful Candidate will:
- Model outstanding classroom practice
- Be passionate about ensuring that pupils get the very best education at all times
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivate and support colleagues and work collaboratively with professionals from a range of outside agencies
- Have a range of people management skills and an ability to tackle issues and be accountable and responsible for decisions
- Be a skilful communicator who can forge effective working relationships with pupils, staff, parents / carers and other schools
- Be a highly motivated leader who can provide a strong model of teaching for other staff
- Be passionate about literacy and keen to inspire others
- Be an aspiring senior leader who is committed to their own professional development and is keen to progress further in their career
- Have knowledge and experience of a ‘Total Communication’ environment
- Have knowledge and experience of working with children and young people with complex learning difficulties including Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism
Watling View is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to satisfactory clearance of enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, including the barred list, as well as all other pre-appointment checks in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (2016). Please contact the school office for further information and to talk to the Head.
Applications can be made online at www.teachinherts.com or you can contact the school office for an application pack. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s without a completed application pack will not be considered.
Visits to the school are highly recommended. Please call Jo Roberts to arrange a visit. Visit our website at www.watlingview.herts.sch.uk
Closing Date: Friday 26th January 2018
Shortlisting Date: Monday 29th January 2018
Interview Date: Friday 2nd February 2018