We have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate as a Year 1 or EYFS Class Teacher, as part of our team. The school is at an exciting stage in its journey working in an academy trust and with an expanding leadership structure.
We’re looking for you if you can:
- Inspire trust and confidence in children in a creative and nurturing way;
- engage and motivate children in the classroom, with high expectations;
- manage behaviour confidently and positively;
- contribute to school improvement planning and promote the learning priorities of the School Development Plan;
- demonstrate that your curriculum knowledge leads to teaching and assessing effectively.
What we can offer you:
- A supportive team who believe in the 'best' for every child;
- a full Continuous Professional Development programme – bespoke to your particular role and career path;
- mentoring and coaching to support your development;
- training opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust and our involvement with the Colchester consortium of local schools and Learning Pathways trust;
- teaching in a well-resourced school
About the School
Monkwick Infant School is an Infant and Nursery School with an ethos to create a happy, secure and caring environment where all children are valued and encouraged to achieve their full potential. Our children are warm and friendly and thrive when relationships are prioritised. We are well supported as a member of the Sigma Multi Academy Trust alongside our partner Junior and Secondary schools. We have a new purpose built EYFS building to accommodate our growing numbers.
About the Trust
The overall ethos of the Trust is achievement for all ensuring that no child is left behind. Education should foster in its learners a curiosity to discover who they are and what they are capable of, together with developing the resilience for them to test the boundaries of their abilities, and build the skills necessary to face the future with confidence.
For additional information about The Sigma Trust, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk . If you wish to contact the Headteacher, Claire Holmes, to discuss any aspect of this post please telephone the school on 01206 573 849. Visits to the school are essential and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
We welcome applications from those beginning their teaching careers as well as those with experience.
To apply for this post please complete and submit an application form via the TES website.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 20th April 2018
We are committed to equal opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant.