Due to the promotion of the current post-holder (fixed term maternity contract), an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our large and dedicated team as a Year 4 teacher.
This contract is fixed term from 1st January 2018 to 31st August 2018 to cover the maternity leave of a permanent member of staff. The salary will be MPS or UPS dependent on experience.
You will be a professional who:
• Cares deeply about the progress and wellbeing of every pupil in your class
• Places an emphasis on getting to know children and families as individuals
• Has high expectations for pupils learning and behaviour
• Enjoys the support and challenge gained from being part of a large team in an improving school
• Works hard, but effectively, in order to plan, teach and assess exciting and relevant learning opportunities
• Willing to commit to the school for two terms in order to ensure continuity of provision for the pupils
We are a two-form entry primary school, situated in the centre of Gillingham Town, with an attached Speech and Language Base. We pride ourselves on our inclusive nature and our belief that everyone matters and can achieve great things.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01747 823245 to arrange this.
Applications should be made online via www.dorsetforyou.com.
Visit our website www.gillinghamprimary.dorset.sch.uk for further information.
The school is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children in its care and candidates will be asked to demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding children and complete an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Closing date: Wednesday 15th November 2017
Interviews: Friday 24th November 2017