Class Teacher Year 5/6 (Fixed Term)
Salary: Main Pay Range to Upper Pay Range (dependent on skills and experience)
Contract: Part-Time, 0.66FTE (4 afternoons and 1 full day (Friday) 0.06 FTE as a PPA)
Location: Gulval School
Start date: January 2018 (unless available before)
Do you have energy, excitement and the ambition to join a thriving and happy school?
Would you like the chance to raise the aspirations of children, families and the local community as part of a dedicated and professional team?
Gulval School in Penzance, Cornwall is looking for an outstanding, passionate and enthusiastic teacher to join their friendly, committed team of professionals. This is an exciting opportunity for a teacher to help shape and implement the vision that will continue to improve the quality of teaching and ensure that the educational outcomes for all children continue to be in the top 10% of all schools nationally.
Gulval School is a thriving and happy school, led by a Principal with a passion for adventurous learning. We strive for excellence in all that we do, and have a great team of staff and children who are well behaved and eager to learn. We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher with energy, enthusiasm, resilience, a love of the outdoors and a 'can do' attitude who wants to play a part in the continued success of Gulval School, becoming part of our community of experienced professionals.
The successful candidate will;
- Be highly motivated and driven, with a track record of outstanding classroom teaching (or a capacity and aspiration to be outstanding), a reflective practitioner and a strong role model.
- Have high expectations for themselves and our pupils.
- Be effective in supporting pupil behaviour with a commitment towards each individual
- Demonstrate the ability to work proactively as part of a team with a 'can do' positive attitude to ensure the needs of every child are fully met.
- Share in our passion for adventurous learning and add value to the team.
- Demonstrate the ability to think 'out of the box', be willing to take calculated risks and be someone who is willing to challenge the norm.
This role will be an exciting and rewarding challenge for any teacher wanting to become a part of our school family. The appointment is initially for two terms from the 1st Jan to the 31st July with the possibility of a contract extension in to the next academic year.
In return we offer:
- A school where our support for pupils welfare and behaviour is Outstanding
- A vibrant workplace with a dedicated staff 'Team Gulval' and amazing children
- A supportive and driven leadership team with a clear vision and a passion for excellence
- Investment in staff CPD to develop the quality of teaching and maximise opportunities for extending responsibilities and facilitating career aspirations.
Visits to our amazing school are warmly encouraged and welcomed, you will be introduced to our staff, our children, our rabbits, chickens and our goats! You will not be disappointed! Please contact Penny in the school office to make an appointment or contact the Principal Paul Baker on 07525 805 740 or email email@example.com. To find out more about ALAT, please visit www.alat.org.uk.
For further information about the school, including our recent Ofsted report (May 2017) please visit https://gulvalschool.org.uk/
To have a deep understanding of life at Gulval School visit our school Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/gulvalschool
What you need to submit:
- Application form - please ensure you complete an application form which contains full employment history in reverse order with details of each post you have held and key responsibilities, providing evidence of key requirements specified in the job description. You may also include a CV; however, please note applications with CV only will not be accepted.
- Self-declaration form - please fully complete a self-declaration form and submit with your application form.
- Equal opportunities form .
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 4th December 2017
Proposed Interview date: 12th December 2017
Adventure Learning Academy Trust committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Adventure Learning Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer