If you’re the kind of person that has the skills and dedication to thrive in a challenging and fast changing environment, you’re the person Strathmore is looking for.
Strathmore is a forward-thinking and innovative special school with a very exciting future ahead of us. To accommodate our increasing pupil numbers we are moving into purpose built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream Primary and Secondary schools. We need class teachers to work with our teams in both primary and secondary department.
We are a happy, positive and hard working day special school for learners with complex learning difficulties. 60% of pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorders or have additional physical and sensory disabilities. Our pupils come from all parts of the borough and from neighbouring boroughs. We work closely with our colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that our learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every pupil has an individual learning programme that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, Physiotherapy and Music Therapy. We also have a Play Therapist in school and our Family Support Worker provides invaluable encouragement and information to our families. 100% of parents said that their child is happy and enjoys school and that they would recommend Strathmore.
We have very high aspirations for all of our learners and high expectations of ourselves.
100% of our staff said they feel positive and happy coming to work each day (Staff Survey, May 2017)
We offer you:
- Outstanding and on-going Continuing Professional Development with opportunities for you to develop professionally, e.g. NPQML/SL, Early Leadership Programme, Post Graduate sponsorship;
- Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents and governors;
- A wide and developing community of inclusive mainstream and special schools for you to work with and support;
- A developed and extending multi-agency network;
- An innovative future as we co-locate with mainstream schools;
- A school that expects excellence from all;
- Termly Staff Wellbeing focus weeks and ongoing subscription to Employee Assistance Programme
Closing date for applications: midday on Wednesday 4th October 2017
Interviews: Monday 16th October 2017
To arrange a visit and apply for this post please email Annushka St Paul, School Administrator; firstname.lastname@example.org
Strathmore School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. There is an expectation that all staff share this commitment.
All applicants will undergo safeguarding screening, including checks with past and current employers and an enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.