Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. The College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for each Pymble girl. Pymble is universally acknowledged for its outstanding quality and exceptional opportunities. One of the key elements of our strategic plan Towards 2020: Striving for the highest is the development of a high performance and learning culture to enable the delivery of an excellent education.
The College is seeking a Classics teacher with the ability to teach Latin and Classical Greek from Years 7-12. The position is permanent, full-time commencing Term 1, 2020. The salary offered for this role will be $80,000 - $119 706 per annum.
• Be willing to support the ethos and values of the College
• Have a thorough working knowledge of all areas of the Latin and Classical Greek NESA curriculum including HSC Extension
• Be an effective classroom teacher with a minimum of 2 years’ recent teaching experience
• Employ a dynamic approach in making classical languages relevant to the modern world
• Have a proven track record of creating challenging learning environments which engage and motivate all learners
• Be a positive and collaborative contributor to a successful department committed to improving educational outcomes
• Be confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom
• Have a strong understanding of the application of technology to enhance learning
• Be a reflective professional engaged in ongoing development and research in relation to your practice
• Be committed to supporting student wellbeing.
To learn more about this position, the calibre of person we are seeking to appoint, what makes Pymble an excellent place to work and continue your journey of professional growth; please go to the College website www.pymblelc.nsw.edu.au
Applications close 3.00 pm Thursday 28 November 2019.
Candidates must comply with the NSW Teacher Accreditation Act and provide a Working with Children Check.
Pymble Ladies' College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.