Riverside Bridge School
Headteacher: Anna Hope
Mixed 4-16 Special School
Scale 4 - £16,780 Pro Rata
35 hours per week (term time only)
Required: September 2018
Riverside Bridge School is a new Special School for pupils aged from 4 – 16, which opened in September 2015. This School serves families and pupils in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and neighbouring boroughs. It is closely integrated with Riverside Primary School, which also opened in September 2015 and Riverside School, a mainstream secondary school, which is in the fifth year of operation.
Riverside Bridge School currently has 94 pupils and will grow steadily to reach its capacity of 180.
Pupils are admitted within the following categories of special needs:
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD)
- Severe learning difficulties (SLD)
The school works closely with the Local Authority and benefits from support and advice from their partner school, the Outstanding Trinity School.
- Continuous professional development and training
- Staff who are keen to share their expertise
- Excellent working conditions and resource
- Opportunities and challenges
We are looking for enthusiastic, committed individuals who:
- Have experience/an interest in working with children with Learning Difficulties
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 or above (Desirable)
- Are willing to put the needs of pupils first
- Are willing to learn a new role
Application forms and further details are available from the school website www.bridge.riversidecampus.com; or Rebecca Srifet- Jenner firstname.lastname@example.org and should be returned to her by email by the closing date below.
Closing date: 18th June 2018
Interviews: 25th June 2018
If you have not heard by this date you have been unsuccessful in your application.
Riverside Bridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A criminal record check via the DBS will be undertaken for the successful candidate. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including a disclosure check, will be undertaken on all applicants.