Ambitious College is an award winning day College dedicated to supporting young people with Autism ages 16 – 25 years old. We are looking for a resilient support staff member to work on a 1:1 basis with our Autistic learners using a PBS (Positive Behaviour Support) approach.
What's on offer for you?
- Term time only role (yet paid across 52 weeks)
- A competitive salary of up to £24,501 and an increase every September
- Free healthy breakfast available everyday
- State of the art training including person centred approaches, positive behaviour support, medical training and understanding sensory needs
- Working with experts in the Autism industry with 1:1 meetings and training provided
- Eye test vouchers, season ticket loans and a cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life
- Continuous professional development including access to coaching and mentoring as well as e-learning and online training courses
This role will involve:
- Supporting learners with their personalised curriculum.
- Working closely with our transdisciplinary team including our speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and PBS coaches.
- Assisting our learners with community based learning.
- Teaching our learners life skills in the community for example; gardening, money management and personal safety.
- Taking our learners on fun trips including swimming, bowling and shopping
Start date: ASAP (depending on recruitment checks and notice periods)
For more information on the role as Teaching and Behaviour Support, please find the recruitment pack attached.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The Safeguarding responsibilities of the post as per the job description and personal specification.
Whether the post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendment to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2021. This means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected', so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS Filter Guidance.
Ambitious College is a mixed independent specialist college for pupils with special needs aged between 16 and 25. It is located in Tottenham, north London, and caters for students with autism and complex needs.
Ambitious College was founded by ...