We are seeking to appoint a CSA to join our team at Barnsley Academy. We are looking to recruit someone with a child centred approach and excellent people skills to support students effectively in order for them to fully participate in learning. This post is initially until the end of the academic year with the possibility of being extended beyond this time.
Main duties will include:
- To establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- To supervise and provide particular support for students, including those with SEN, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- To provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement, under the guidance of the teacher, in line with School Policy.
- To assist the teacher with preparation of teaching and learning materials and resources.
- To undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, being aware of learning style and adjusting activities according to students’ responses/needs.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Excellent employee benefits which include an excellent pension scheme.
What we would like from you;
- To be both approachable and have excellent people skills.
- To be a team player.
- To have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- To be resilient in following the academy behaviour policy.
- A fundamental belief in the power of education to enable pupils to achieve anything they set their minds to.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Academy making year on year progress under current leadership. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Barnsley Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please click here to apply https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1478865?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Closing Date: Monday 21 January 2019 at 12.00 noon
Interviews: To take place later the same week
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (term time only, 39 weeks)
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.